There is an inclusive and positive culture of continuous learning and improvement. This is based on meeting the needs of people who use services and wider communities, and all leaders and staff share this. Leaders proactively support staff and collaborate with partners to deliver care that is safe, integrated, person-centred and sustainable, and to reduce inequalities.
There are effective governance and management systems. Information about risks, performance and outcomes is used effectively to improve care.
Shared direction and culture
- We give people, their family, and friends a strong voice in the shaping of our vision, strategy, and culture. This is built around what is important to them and our local community.
- We can evidence how our shared vision, strategy and culture enables us to understand the challenges and needs of people and respond to these.
- We have a clear and clearly communicated Statement of Purpose and can be downloaded below (Policy 2)
- Our senior managers and leaders own our vision and values, keeping these under regular review.
- We have a person-centred culture that puts the people we support at the heart of the service. These are backed up with appropriate policies and procedures.
- We are committed to delivering transparency, equity, equality and human rights, diversity, and inclusion.
- Our managers and leaders understand the culture of the service and ensure it meets the needs of the people we support, as well as staff and other stakeholders.
- We understand the risks of a closed culture and actively work to ensure that this will never be a part of our service.
- We regularly review any restrictions in place to check they are still proportionate and necessary.
- We have a well embedded culture of fairness, and support across our service. This way of working extends to our support to others in the local community.
- Our managers and leaders support our staff team to fully understand and believe in the shared vision, strategy, and culture.
- We ensure that our managers and staff speak to the people we support, their families and colleagues in a respectful manner and never use degrading terminology.
- We ensure our shared vision, strategy, and culture are clearly communicated and effectively used in their recruitment, induction, and day-to-day delivery of the service.
- We monitor our performance against the shared vision, strategy, and culture of the service.
- Our staff are managed by people who support their health and wellbeing. This is in accordance with NICE Quality Standards.
- Our teams can contribute to decision-making through staff engagement forums or equivalent. This is in accordance with NICE Quality Standards.
- We are committed to ensuring all our staff are treated equitably and are valued and respected across the service.
- We have strong and effective relationships across the entire staff team. We are all proud of the quality of care that the service delivers.
- Our staff teams work collaboratively with one another and all external partners, agencies, and community contacts they engage with.
- We mitigate the risk of delivering our strategy by having an action plan that addresses internal and external factors that might impact it being delivered.
- We strive to deliver our vision and values built upon good or best practice.