There is an inclusive and positive culture of continuous learning and improvement. This is based on meeting the needs of people who use services and wider communities, and all leaders and staff share this. Leaders proactively support staff and collaborate with partners to deliver care that is safe, integrated, person-centred and sustainable, and to reduce inequalities.
There are effective governance and management systems. Information about risks, performance and outcomes is used effectively to improve care.
Capable, compassionate and inclusive leaders
- We can evidence how our managers and leaders are suitably experienced and qualified to enable our service to deliver high standards of care.
- We have clearly defined roles and accountabilities for our managers and leaders.
- We ensure that our compassionate and capable managers and leaders demonstrate the values of our service.
- Our managers and leaders lead by example and act as role models for the wider staff team.
- Our managers work in a transparent and open way, informing the relevant people and families and external agencies.
- Our managers and leaders are accessible, visible, and approachable to the people we support and our wider staff team.
- Our managers and leaders can effectively identify and prioritise issues and challenges across the service.
- We ensure that the people we support, their families and friends get to know the managers and leaders of the service and have easy access to them.
- Our managers and leaders have the skills and competence to get involved in the direct delivery of care and often work alongside our staff team.
- Our managers and leaders are capable of changing policies and procedures, enabling the service to continually evolve and improve.
- We ensure our managers and leaders have the experience and capacity to deliver upon the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- We value management qualifications. Where a manager or leader does not have a suitable qualification, we support them to achieve this.
- We support our managers and leaders to continually develop themselves.
- We will protect our manager and leaders time to enable them to continually develop and help the service to continually improve.
- We recognise the importance of retaining expertise and developing future managers. Succession planning is important to us.
- When recruiting managers from outside of our service, we always look for those with the right values, experience and qualifications that meet our needs.
- We will ensure that there is suitably experienced management cover at our service at all times.
- Our managers and leaders take full responsibility for their role, including accounting for the behaviours and actions of staff. They will challenge poor performance wherever it exists.
- Our managers and leaders are capable and confident to provide the support needed to our staff team, offering timely assistance and expertise.
- Our manager and leaders are committed to staff wellbeing and implementing associated policies and procedures to support this.